U.S. Copyright Office Practices
Thank you for using IP Illustrated’s searchable Compendium of Copyright Office Practices! Whether you’re a lawyer, law student, artist, or someone who is interested in copyrights, we’re glad you’re here. There are a few things we need to make sure the public knows.
- IP Illustrated is not affiliated with the U.S. Government or the U.S. Copyright Office in any capacity.
- The original text of the U.S. Compendium of Copyright Practices (“Copyright Compendium”) can be found for free here: https://www.copyright.gov/comp3/
- The Copyright Compendium is reproduced in good faith under 17 U.S.C. §105.
- This tool was built by a single human so there may be mistakes! If you find any errors, please email email@example.com. Please note that some sections only have a heading, which is how it appears in the Copyright Compendium. These will be updated in the future, but for now just click the → button to go to the next section.
- Nothing in IP Illustrated’s reproduction of the Copyright Compendium (or any other information on this website) constitutes legal advice. But if you need a copyright attorney, we can probably point you in the right direction.