807.4 Fixation of Audiovisual Works
To be protected by copyright, an audiovisual work must be fixed in a tangible medium of expression. See 17 U.S.C. § 101. Audiovisual works may be fixed in copies and generally they are fixed in one or more of the following electronic or hard copy formats:
• Machines, such as computers, tablets, mobile phones, and arcade consoles.
• Machine readable copies, such as CD-ROMs, hard drives, and flashdrives.
• Discs or tapes, such as Blu-ray, DVD, or videotape.
• Videogame discs and cartridges for consoles with dedicated hardware.
• Server hosted digital files.