801.5 Uncopyrightable Material in Works of the Performing Arts
A work of the performing arts is deemed uncopyrightable if it does not constitute copyrightable subject matter, if it is not original to the author, or if it contains insufficient or de minimis expression. For general information on uncopyrightable works, see Chapter 300, Section 313. Specific information concerning uncopyrightable authorship for particular types of works of the performing arts is provided in the following Sections:
• Section 802.5: Musical Works.
• Sections 803.5 and 803.6 (B): Sound Recordings.
• Section 805.5: Choreographic Works.
• Section 806.5: Pantomimes.
• Section 807.5: Audiovisual Works.
• Section 808.7: Motion Pictures.