801.11 Completing the Application for Works of the Performing Arts
The Copyright Office may register a claim to copyright in a work of the performing arts only if the material deposited constitutes copyrightable subject matter and if the other legal and formal requirements of Title 17 have been met. 17 U.S.C. § 410 (A).
Detailed information on how to complete an application is set forth in Chapter 600. Additional tips on how to complete applications for particular types of works of the performing arts are provided in the following Sections:
• Section 802.9: Musical Works.
• Section 803.9: Sound Recordings.
• Section 804.9: Dramatic Works.
• Section 805.9: Choreographic Works.
• Section 806.7: Pantomimes.
• Section 807.8: Audiovisual Works.
• Section 808.11: Motion Pictures.