701 What This Chapter Covers
This Chapter discusses the U.S. Copyright Office’s practices and procedures for the examination and registration of literary works. For information and instructions on completing an application to register a literary work (or any other type of work), see the following Chapters:
• For a general overview of the registration process, see Chapter 200.
• For a discussion of copyrightable subject matter, see Chapter 300.
• For guidance in determining who may file the application and who may be named as the copyright claimant, see Chapter 400.
• For guidance in identifying the work that will be submitted for registration, see Chapter 500.
• For instructions on completing the application, see Chapter 600.
• For guidance on the filing fee, see Chapter 1400.
• For guidance on submitting the deposit copy(ies), see Chapter 1500.