2409.2 (G) Prints or Labels Deposited in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office Before July 1, 1940
Prior to July 1, 1940, the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (“USPTO”) retained carbon copies of each certificate of registration for prints or labels issued by the USPTO. Copies of these records were transferred to the U.S. Copyright Office on July 1, 1940. An additional certificate of registration for a print or label registered by USPTO before July 1, 1940, consists of the following:
• A photocopy of the index card from the Copyright Card Catalog;
• A carbon copy of the original certificate of registration issued by USPTO; and
• A certified statement that identifies the record.