2409.2 (F) Recorded Documents
RRCS will certify any document that has been recorded with the Office, as well as any written communications between a remitter and the Office concerning a recorded document or a document that has been refused by the Office.
Documents that have been submitted for recordation and any written communications between the remitter and the Office concerning a pending document may be certified, provided that the request is submitted by one of the persons who executed the document or an authorized representative of the aforementioned persons.
A certification for a recorded document typically contains the following information:
• A photocopy of the document or other record specified in the request.
• A photocopy of the certificate of recordation (if any).
• A photocopy of the document cover sheet (if any).
• A certified statement concerning the volume and page number where the document is recorded and the date of recordation (if any).
• The signature of the Register of Copyrights.
• The official seal of the U.S. Copyright Office.
• The date of the certification.