2407.1 (C) (1) Registrations, Applications, and Correspondence
To inspect the certificate of registration, application, or correspondence file for a pending application or a claim that has been registered or refused by the Office, an authorized party should submit a written request to RRCS that contains the following information:
• The party’s name and contact information.
• A description of the material the party wishes to inspect.
• The date the party wishes to inspect the materials.
• The registration and/or renewal number(s) (if any) and/or the case number/service request number assigned to the application.
NOTE: RRCS cannot retrieve records for inspection unless the requesting party provides a registration and/or renewal number, a case number, or a service request number.
The following information (if available) may also be useful:
• The title(s) of the work(s).
• The administrative classification for the work (e.g., TX, PA, VA, SR, etc.).
• The author, claimant, and/or correspondent named in the application.
• The date that the registration was issued (if any) or the date that the application, deposit, and/or filing fee were received by the Office.
The request should be sent to RRCS at the address specified in Section 2403 together with the appropriate fee. For information concerning the inspection fee, see Section 2407.6.