2405.3 Limitations on Services
The U.S. Copyright Office generally does not provide the following services:
• Certifying records maintained by any person or organization other than the U.S. Copyright Office (including works held in the collections of the Library of Congress).
• Providing legal advice.
• Furnishing the names of copyright attorneys, publishers, agents, or other similar information.
• Assisting with the publication, performance, or production of a work.
• Comparing deposits submitted for registration to determine whether a work contains infringing material or is substantially similar to another work.
• Granting permission to use a copyrighted work.
• Conducting copyright enforcement.
• Issuing ISBN, ISSN, or ISRC numbers.
See 37 C.F.R. § 201.2 (A).