2314.8 (B) Statements Submitted by or on Behalf of Building Owners
Statements submitted by or on behalf of the owner of a building that incorporates a work of visual art should be designated as follows: “Visual Arts Registry Statement: Registry of Visual Art Incorporated in a Building–Building Owner’s Statement.”
The statement should contain the following information:
• The name or other identifying information for the building owner.
• The name of a person who represents the building owner, along with a telephone number (if this information is publicly listed).
• The name (if any) and address of the building.
• The title of the work of visual art (if known).
• The dimensions and physical description of the work.
• The name or other identifying information for the author of the work, including the author’s current address (if known).
• A statement concerning the measures taken by the building owner to notify the author of the removal or pending removal of the work from the building.
The statement should be submitted to the address specified in Section 2314.8, together with (I) a photocopy of any contracts between the author and the building owner regarding the author’s rights of attribution and integrity, and (ii) a photocopy of the notice that the owner sent to the author.
In addition, remitters are encouraged, but not required, to submit eight by ten inch photographs of the building and the work of visual art. The images should be clear and in focus and should be submitted on good-quality photographic paper.
37 C.F.R. § 201.25 (C) (3).