Compendium of U.S. Copyright Practices, 3rd Edition

Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Chapter 100
Chapter 200
Chapter 300
Chapter 400
Chapter 500
Chapter 600
Chapter 700
Chapter 800
Chapter 900
Chapter 1000
Chapter 1100
Chapter 1200
Chapter 1300
Chapter 1400
Chapter 1500
Chapter 1600
Chapter 1700
Chapter 1800
Chapter 1900
Chapter 2000
Chapter 2100
Chapter 2200
Chapter 2300
Chapter 2400

2314.8 (B) Statements Submitted by or on Behalf of Building Owners


2314.8 (B) Statements Submitted by or on Behalf of Building Owners


Statements submitted by or on behalf of the owner of a building that incorporates a work of visual art should be designated as follows: “Visual Arts Registry Statement: Registry of Visual Art Incorporated in a Building–Building Owner’s Statement.”


The statement should contain the following information:


• The name or other identifying information for the building owner.


• The name of a person who represents the building owner, along with a telephone number (if this information is publicly listed).


• The name (if any) and address of the building.


• The title of the work of visual art (if known).


• The dimensions and physical description of the work.


• The name or other identifying information for the author of the work, including the author’s current address (if known).


• A statement concerning the measures taken by the building owner to notify the author of the removal or pending removal of the work from the building.


The statement should be submitted to the address specified in Section 2314.8, together with (I) a photocopy of any contracts between the author and the building owner regarding the author’s rights of attribution and integrity, and (ii) a photocopy of the notice that the owner sent to the author.


In addition, remitters are encouraged, but not required, to submit eight by ten inch photographs of the building and the work of visual art. The images should be clear and in focus and should be submitted on good-quality photographic paper.


37 C.F.R. § 201.25 (C) (3).


[convertkit form=2550354]