2314.8 (A) Statements Submitted by or on Behalf of the Author of a Work of Visual Art
Statements submitted by or on behalf of the author of a work of visual art that has been incorporated into a building should be designated as follows: “Visual Arts Registry Statement: Registry of Visual Art Incorporated in a Building–Artist’s Statement.”
The statement should contain the following information:
• The author’s name and current age.
• The author’s current address and telephone number (if the telephone number is publicly listed).
• The title of the work of visual art (if any).
• The dimensions and physical description of the work.
• The registration number for the work (if known).
• The name (if any) and address of the building that incorporates the work.
• The name or other identifying information for the owner of the building (if known).
In addition, remitters are encouraged, but not required, to submit photographs of the work, photographs of the building, and photographs of the location within the building where the work appears. The images should be clear and in focus and should be submitted on good quality photographic paper.
37 C.F.R. § 201.25 (C) (2).