2304.2 Documents That May Be Recorded
The following types of documents may be recorded with the U.S. Copyright Office:
• Transfers of copyright ownership.
• Documents pertaining to copyright.
• Documents pertaining to mask works.
• Documents pertaining to vessel designs.
• Documents pertaining to computer shareware.
• Visual Arts Registry Statements.
• Statements regarding the identity of an author of an anonymous or pseudonymous work.
• Statements relating to the date of death of an author or a statement that an author is still living on a particular date.
This is not an exhaustive list and other types of documents with a copyright interest may be recorded with the U.S. Copyright Office.
Transfers and other documents pertaining to copyright (as well as documents pertaining to mask works and vessel designs) are discussed in Section 2309 below.
Abandonments are discussed in Section 2311. For a discussion of documents pertaining to computer shareware and Visual Arts Registry Statements, see Sections 2313 and 2314.