1807.2 What Types of Records May Be Cancelled by the U.S. Copyright Office?
The Office may cancel the following types of records:
• A basic registration issued under Sections 408 (A) or 408 (C) (1) of the Copyright Act.
• A supplementary registration issued under Section 408 (D) of the Copyright Act.
• A renewal registration issued under Section 304 of the Copyright Act or under title 17 of the United States Code as it existed before January 1, 1978.
• A registration for a mask work or vessel design issued under Sections 908 or 1313 of the Copyright Act.
The Office will not cancel the following types of records:
• A basic registration or renewal registration that has expired, such as a registration issued on or before December 31, 1977 that covered the first twenty-eight years of the copyright term.
• A preregistration issued under Section 408 (D) of the Copyright Act.
• Any other type of record maintained by the Office, such as deposit copies or recorded documents.