1802.8 (B) (1) Space A: Identifying the Basic Registration
An application for supplementary registration “shall clearly identify the registration to be corrected or amplified.” 17 U.S.C. § 408 (D). The applicant should identify the basic registration by providing the following information in space A of Form CA:
• The title of the work that appears in the basic registration (including the previous or alternative title for the work, if any).
• The registration number that appears on the certificate of registration for the basic registration.
• The year that the U.S. Copyright Office issued the basic registration. (This information appears on the certificate of registration in the field marked effective date of registration.)
• The name(s) of the author(s) listed in the basic registration.
• The name(s) of the copyright claimant(s) listed in the basic registration.
The foregoing information should be copied exactly as it appears on the certificate of registration for the basic registration, even if that information is incorrect or incomplete, even if the applicant intends to correct or amplify that information with a supplementary registration, and even if that information has been corrected or amplified by an earlier supplementary registration.