1111.3 Eligibility Requirements
A group of short online literary works may be registered with the U.S. Copyright Office, provided that the following conditions have been met:
• Each work in the group must be a “short online literary work,” as defined in Section 1111.2.
• The group may include no more than 50 works.
• All of the works must be first published online as part of a website or online platform.
• All of the works must be first published within three consecutive calendar months.
• The applicant must provide the earliest publication date and most recent publication date for the works in the group.
• The applicant must provide a title for each work and a title for the group as a whole.
• All of the works must be written by the same individual or jointly written by the same individuals.
• The works cannot be works made for hire.
• The author or joint authors must be named as the copyright claimant(s) for each work, and the claim must be limited to the “text” that appears in each work.
Works that do not satisfy these requirements cannot be registered with this group registration option. The Office reserves the right to refuse any application that does not comply with these requirements, or to modify the claim to make it compliant without communicating with the applicant.
See 37 C.F.R. § 202.4(j) (1)- (5); Group Registration of Short Online Literary Works, 85 Fed. Reg. 37,341, 37,342-44 (June 22, 2020).