1103.1 (E) Works That Do Not Qualify as a Unit of Publication
The following are representative examples of works that cannot be registered as a unit publication:
• Works first published online.
• Works that were first published on different dates.
• Works first published on the same date either separately or in different units.
• Works first published as separate and discrete works, even if they were subsequently distributed together in the same unit.
• Works that are initially offered to the general public both individually and as a set.
• Works created as part of the same collection, series, or set that have not been distributed together as a single, integrated unit.
• Works that share the same characters, the same theme, or other similarities that have not been distributed together as a single, integrated unit.
• Works offered to the public as a unit, but never distributed to the public.
• Multiple photographs taken at the same photo shoot.
• Multiple photographs posted on the same website.
• A catalog with photographs of copyrightable works offered for sale, either individually or as a unit.