1001 What This Chapter Covers
This Chapter discusses the U.S. Copyright Office’s policies and procedures for the examination and registration of copyrightable content contained on websites.
• For a general overview of the registration process, see Chapter 200.
• For a general discussion of copyrightable authorship, see Chapter 300.
• For a discussion of who may file an application, see Chapter 400.
• For guidance in identifying the work that the applicant intends to register, see Chapter 500.
• For guidance in completing the fields/spaces of a basic application, see Chapter 600.
• For guidance on the filing fee, see Chapter 1400.
• For guidance on submitting the deposit copy, see Chapter 1500.
For guidance concerning the practices and procedures relating to specific types of works, see the following chapters:
• For a discussion of literary works, see Chapter 700.
• For a discussion of works of the performing arts, see Chapter 800.
• For a discussion of visual art works, see Chapter 900.